Friday, September 6, 2013

The Controversies: Man, Life and Society - 3


We always like to cherish certain times of our lives… The times when you were lost in a place unknowing where to go, which way to take, yet completely impressed by a stranger who passes by may it be a boy/ girl, or at times when surprisingly you get fully drown in an early morning rain.. Be it anything but those will be framed in our hearts forever. . .


Such is the case for me, when I happened to take an unknown route in Karaikal and ended up in a street where I saw little children, all with baskets of plastic bottles on their heads. I walked through them looking.., actually staring at them.  They all looked extremely dirty, uncombed, torn old clothes and dirty fingers without slippers. When I was about to cross a child, a bottle from the basket fell down to the ground.

She took the bottle from my hand, smiled and told “Thank you” (in English) without giving up her self-respect. I was quite surprised at the way she carried her and her politeness.


In India, we talk about Malnourishment, Child labor and Compulsory education. There are children who even go starving to get that Princess dress and Videogames... But where do these children go??


Try, Give it a thought... The next time you see a child like this, think maybe they too got dreams of performing a role of I.A.S officer or a scientist who explore stars which they see every night when they lie down in their tent. Do all that you can...?                      


Controversies will continue!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment