Wednesday, July 14, 2010

My Path to Placement - Part 1

        Placements being the dream/aim/passion for many (leaving out those higher studies guys). Every parent regardless of the academic performance of their children, expects them to get placed in an MNC.


  





    

          As a final year student, I have a determination for getting placed in a good company, though i have plans for my highers too. I am unaware about other college placements ,but as said and heard by many our college has a top placement statistics. May be its because of all those training /Mock test we attend.

        For our batch, the hunt for placements begun with a mock test.

July 12th: 

         This was not the actual first Mock test ,even  last semester we had three tests. But it was not taken seriously  by most of us. With a hope and high spirits I went into Visveswaraiya hall. I got a seat and settled down to take my test. Surrounding me my fellow guys , Sudhan (right), Manikanda prabhu (left) , Dinesh , Vishwa ,Sridhar (in front row). Its Indian tradition of commencing something 5 - 10 minutes late then the planned time. We are nowhere exception (Not the JAVA EXCEPTION.Proving Myself as a IT guy, rather IT Professional.)

5.10 pm - With pin-drop silence, (reminded the used during school age) , a paper was given. Even in my public exam/Semester exam i have not witnessed a silence like this (for few seconds alone). EEE was the other department in the hall with us. I got the paper, I broken out with a laugh when i knew  it was white blank sheet. (Oru white paperu ka da ivvalvu build up ahhh?).  Then got the question paper and started writing.

5.15 pm was the time I started exactly. The mistake i made in previous Mocks were ' attend only the question i knew and left others unanswered'.

             The paper was relatively hard (atleast) for me. 1st  ques - tried and left, 2nd one -same, 3rd ques - same,  my mind told me start from the last ques ( எவ்வளவோ பண்ணறோம் இத பண்ணமாட்டோமா ?). To last,then to the middle page. I solved one question, then slowly i started getting the answers and I was sure enough problems  i solved  was exactly correct. By the time, I complete 10 questions it was 6.10 pm. Keeping in my mind the past experience, I randomly shaded 10-12 more ques (since we were given something so-called OMR).

6.25pm - Reached the main gate. Its a unwritten fact that when i wait for 111 it either comes with a flying crowd or atleast half an hour delay. 6.45 comes the 111. Got in.I was speaking with one of seniors in Infe asking, how the working culture is and  many more when conductor was asking me to take a ticket.

           Main thing, my senior said was "have a mentality to learn something new is a must in IT". 

7.15 pm-  The bus was intervened  by passenger train from Mettupalayam. "I thought why the hell should the train come now?". Because i was in a hurry to reach home for no important reason. Suddenly Nair's Voice ( I need a separate post, may be a separate book to narrate about the man. He(Somasekaran Nair) is a pedagogue. Get back with a post on him soon) echoed in my ears, "why the hell, the train should not come now?. The train was on clock, its you either came late or earlier".

         Only then i realised the real meaning, "The point is we always blame others even for the mistake we make". What I understood exactly resembles the world?".

         With all these thoughts running in my mind, " I have heard statements from sir that ' Why something can't happen to you?' but understood only by experience".

          After reaching home, its obvious what we do. I got the result through mail. 13 marks, felt not bad compared to the top mark..

1 comment:

Arun Kumaar.S said...

Good work... :)

And wat was the top score? :-p

Post a Comment