Friday, January 13, 2017

India Post - My Stamp


Many a time personally I have wondered, how good it would be to have a stamp of a person or place which is lesser known to outer world (but we know their importance to society or to our culture/country). Sometimes, even imagined, how about a stamp for ourselves? 

Have you ever dreamt of your portrait in a stamp? From our childhood or as a philatelist or as a adult, we know that stamps are issued only for national leaders, achievers in various fields, national monuments, animals, landscapes, etc.

India post has come up with an initiative called "My Stamp", where any individual or corporate can printed their own personalized stamp. My Stamp was first introduced during "2011- INDIPEX - World Philatelic Exhibition." Owing to the popularity and interested expressed it was expanded across the country.

How does "My Stamp" look like?

Image 1 - "My Stamp" featuring person with 
Greetings Commemorative Stamp 
of 5

Do you see a difference of this special "My Stamp" from the Normal Postage stamps issued. Yes, the thumbnail image is printed alongside the selected commemorative stamps. Remember, this stamp is not just a collectible or show piece alone, it is a postage stamp as well. You can mail a letter to someone with this stamp pasted on the envelope. 

Below are the "My Stamp" sheets with different commemorative stamps

Image 2 - "My Stamp" Sheet featuring person with 
TajMahal Commemorative Stamp of  
5

Image 3 - "My Stamp" Sheet featuring person 
with Greetings Commemorative Stamp of 
5 



How do I get my "My Stamp" printed ?
  • Very simple, visit your nearest Philately Bureau/ Head Post Office
  • Get "My Stamp" Application form and fill the same (Note you are entitled to submit an identity proof)
  • Cost of printing a single sheet is ₹ 300 (For 2-100 sheets, you would get a 10% discount and for more than 100 sheets- 20% discount)
  • A sheet contains 12 stamps, each of the stamp with a value of 5 [Mathematically, for ₹ 300, you will get 12 stamps valuing ₹ 60]. Might looks costly ???

You can order My Stamp for your children, friends, parents, spouse and surprise them as a gift. Even schools/colleges can issue My Stamps to their "Best Outgoing Student", "Best Teacher", "University Rank holders". This would mean more to them at a later stage of life in terms of both memory and value.

Of course, I would like to show you my "My Stamp" as well


Happy me :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment